“When one finds a worthy wife, her value is far beyond pearls” (Proverbs 31:10). This weekend’s first reading describes, from a scriptural point of view, the perfect wife. But how do wives become more perfect? I believe the more perfectly husbands treat their wives, the more perfect their wives will become. Here are 5 “P’s” for husbands to treat their wives more perfectly:
- Pray with her – thank God for your wife and ask Him to bless her every day.
- Protect her – from harm, sin, illness, lust, danger, embarrassment, and all evil.
- Provide for her – affection, a break from kids, words of praise, materially, etc.
- be Present to her – communicate and spend time with her doing some things she likes.
- Point her in the right direction – show her how to live for Jesus Christ.
The more we as men take serious these ways of loving the women in our lives, the more we will live in loving and happy marriages. I am grateful for all of you who live in the sacrament of Holy Matrimony. May the Lord bless you until death do you part.